August 17, 2009

Didn't there used to be a wall there?


Wow! When I walked into the building there was a huge hole in the wall and sunlight was streaming through. It looked like the building had been hit by a torpedo.

All I could think about was the huge responsibility I had to my community. I had to make sure this project went well. I really hoped the guys from Landmark Structures knew what they are doing! It was all part of the plan. We needed to remove the exterior wall to make room for an elevator and a new second set of stairs in order to bring the building up to code, but the huge gaping hole in the side of the building made me super-nervous. Even with scaffolding to hold everything together, it looked like the building could simply fall apart. Who let me be in charge of such a project?

This is one of my favorite shots! It was taken from the basement, looking up through a hole in the floor where the handicapped entry ramp will eventually go. I love this shot because it captures the gritty industrial nature of the construction site, with all it's hidden potential almost hanging in the air. That's our Business Manager, Nancy Lagro checking out the underground plumbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment